How are you supported as a student?
At Bishop Challoner we are proud of the excellent advice and guidance on offer to our students.
'Leadership of the Sixth Form is excellent! The school's excellent programme of care, guidance and support extends into Years 12 and 13. Students have interviews in Year 11 and subsequently at key points in their sixth form career and they are effectively guided into higher education, apprenticeships or other provision as appropriate. The monitoring of the performance of students is thorough and systematic and the school has a clear agenda for improvement based upon its significant successes in recent years.' Ofsted 2009
We aim to ensure that all our 6th formers leave our college in a better position than when they started. We are aware that university is not for everyone and aim to ensure that all students are given impartial advice concerning their Post 18 options. Our Student Services Department plays an important role in this and, as non teaching members of staff, they are available for 6th formers at all hours of the day. Our UCAS or university application process is closely monitored and students are advised and supported throughout.
UCAS - Year 13 comments
- "The support I received was excellent, as I had help with my personal statement and my application. I had one to one help from Miss Darby as she was a great help in helping me to structure my personal statement"
- "Excellent service as the help that I required was provided instantly."
- "My personal statement was a lot better with the help I received whilst writing it"
- "The overrall UCAS application experience was good and I thank the student services department as they helped me a lot especially with my personal statement. The application cannot be completed on your own, you need some guidance from student services."
- "Constant help and guidance in choosing a university and creating a good personal statement"